Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 203...She's a Keeper



SHE'S A KEEPER

It's playoff time.  Our Blaine scream U13 girls made it into the State Tournament, and tongiht was their first game.  The result was a disappointment since we left the field with a loss, but we're not out of it yet.  

The above shots are of our fantastic Keeper Caylin.  I think in the younger years of soccer, the position of goalkeeper is often underrated, but it's by far one of the most important positions on the team.  I know from my own point of view, I would not want to be on the receiving end of some ball being kicked directly at me at a high velocity!  And to be in constant risk of being stepped on and kicked by cleats of the other players would be enought to make me choose a different position.

But what am I talking about anyway?  I've never played ANY position on ANY soccer team except team photographer or soccer mom.  Ha!  But I did take one for the team tonight when a ball got kicked on our side and it slammed me in the bicep of my right arm!  Youch!  I tell you, I wouldn't last a minute in this game.  I'm lucky so far I haven't taken a ball in the "lens" yet!

Anyway, about Caylin, I think she did the perfect goal kick in this shot, and that's why I featured a series instead of just one shot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment