Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 194...Summer Night at the Farm



SUMMER NIGHT AT THE FARM

I think this farm is beautiful.  The funny thing about it is it was right behind the Home Depot.  I'm sure that probably ten years ago, where this farm is located was considered "out in the country."  But now with urban and suburban sprawl, we literally have farms right next door to the strip mall.  I love how green everything was.

When I was taking this, at the edge of the field right in front of me was sort of a boundary made up of wildflowers and weeds, and when I was looking at them, I noticed some were in bloom, and some had gone to seed, and some were quite tall and tangled.  It made me think and realize that you can kind of gage what time of summer it is.  There are certain flowers, including wildflowers, or berries, or weeds, etc. that blossom at certain times in the summer or go to seed at certain times.  And then of course, the taller some grasses and weeds get or the thicker the wild growth gets, the closer it is to the end of the season. 

It also made me think of how you can tell by the sun as well that summer is heading toward its last half.  The sun is starting to hold a different position in the sky, and this shot was taken at about 8:30 p.m. and the sun was starting to sink quickly, and it was gone before 9:00 p.m.

Summer is my favorite, and I wish there was a button I could push to make it go slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment