Monday, July 14, 2014

Day 196...Chasing the Clouds


CHASING THE CLOUDS

It was a crusty night out, and I stared out the window remember the horrendous spring we had, the endless days of rain when I never thought I'd be able to get a decent photo outside.  But as always happens, somehow, the universe comes through for me.  

I started to venture out of the house to go meet a friend to celebrate our kids getting in the state soccer tournament, and just as I was pulling in, she called and said she wasn't going to go.  So I decided I was going to head out in search of my photo opp and hit the pillow early.  As I drove out of the parking lot, the rain started to diminish and I looked around and the clouds were glorious.  

I was thinking, where can I go to get a really good shot of the big sky?  I drove and drove.  I hit one spot, the one I chose for tonight, but I could still see really amazing clouds all around me.  I kept driving to get the best vantage point.  I actually took about 30 photos of the sky in different parts of my community.  

At this point, I won't know if any of those turned out well or not because I did a major rookie move, and I pressed escape in the middle of my photos importing and I lost all the rest that hadn't already started to import.  

Oh, well.  This one gives you the idea of how wonderful the clouds were, so it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment