Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day 198...Urban-ness


URBAN-NESS

I absolutely love old buildings in the city.  This shot was taken downtown St. Paul from the 28th floor of one of my favorite dude's apartments.  I don't remember even which building it was, but I know I've been through the skyway of it!  

I know this isn't the type of shot I usually do.  Though I've done a few abstract building shots, it not really my thing, but every time I look at this photo, there's something I really love about it.  It seems timeless, for one thing, and I really like the fire escape.  They sure don't put those on modern buildings.  The brick work and the arched windows are also really cool.  Not sure I'm thrilled with the angle I took this at, but still thinking about that.  

One day in the near future, I want to go to Chicago and do a series on the buildings.  

I'm leaving for San Francisco in two weeks, so that's going to be a thrill!!!!  I'll only be able to photograph after my daytime conference and only for three days, but I'm sure that will be plenty for my first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment