Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day 18...Snow and Serenity


SNOW AND SERENITY

I set out to have coffee with one of my most favorite friends this morning, and this morning's scene was one after an overnight snowfall.  I could hear and see lots of snowplows and evidence of people trying to recover from the accumulation.  But when you I got off onto the quiet side roads, I felt like I was far away from civilization and alone in the world.

I love the peaceful tranquility of a post-snowfall day.  This shot was actually taken from the parking lot of the coffee shop while waiting for my friend to arrive.  The coffee shop was in Andover, MN where the hustle and bustle and overcrowding of the city has not yet arrived and there's still a feeling of country living if you're on the right road.

While it looks like it might have been sunrise, it wasn't.  There was enough clouds hanging is such a way that the sun was coming through in a colorful glow.  I wanted to try to make this a more minimalist photo in black and white, but when I analyzed it, I decided I liked the pastel colors of the morning.

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment