Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 2...Goodbye holidays



Goodbye holidays.  

The holidays are over for me.  I took my Christmas tree down a couple days ago.  I guess I just grow tired of it after weeks of preparing and celebrating.  But there's something I just love about Christmas lights and there are still some glowing in my neighborhood.

I feel like I had to really stretch myself for this shot today in many ways.  
One, I don't have a tripod and shooting at night is not ideal under those circumstances.  Two, how do you photograph Christmas lights and not create a cliche looking shot?  Three, it was absolutely freezing outside and I nearly got frostbit on my shooting finger!  

But this is what I came up with, and I think it's kind of pretty. I always like a little Bokeh, and it worked great for me tonight.  

How's that for color in the dead of winter?

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment