Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day 7...The Sky in My World


THE SKY IN MY WORLD

I'm fascinated by the sky.  I love the clouds.  I love the sunrise and the sunset, Golden Hour or Blue Hour.  I've taken hundreds and hundreds of photos of the sky during sunrise and sunset and previous to storms or after storms or on just fair-weather days where there are puffy white clouds and bright blue sky.   So today, I was so excited when I walked out of work and this is what the Universe gave me!


It wasn't quite sunset, but you can see it was coming near, and I imagine if I had waited for another 20 minutes, the colors would have been just as wonderful in a different shade.

Sometimes I feel limited in my ability to capture the sky because in Minnesota, we don't have "big sky."  But if you look hard enough, and frame well, you can get the sky in with objects around, like this gorgeous church, and it's beautiful.

This shot is of the Downtown St. Paul sky and Assumption Catholic Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment