Monday, January 27, 2014

Day 27...Classy St. Paul


CLASSY ST. PAUL

This project for me is entirely meant to be a challenge.  In the weather we're having, it indeed has been an "extreme" challenge for me to continue to come up with interesting things to photograph, and not only photograph them, but have them come out appealing to the viewer(s).

I catch the bus right in front of Rice Park.  This week the park is filled with Winter Carnival activity.  The ice sculptures are sitting there, sparkling away in the sunshine, posed nicely for the cameras that come along.  I too have tried to capture these lovely and amazing sculptures.  But unless you have the right kind of lighting, angle, and no people walking in front of you the moment you press the shutter, they're not all that appealing on "film."

So today's photo is somewhat of a combination of capturing some part of the Winter Carnival ice sculptures while at the same time getting a sort of "street photography" aspect to the shot.  

If you've ever been around the St. Paul Hotel, you definitely have seen their finely appointed Valets at the front door.  They have to perform their jobs depsite the -14 degree (-30 windchill) temperatures.  What I love most about them is that you could take a photo of them now or any time and the photo will seem timeless.  They look like they could literally be from a different era.

So again, I'm stretching my talents away from landscapes, and for some, street photography is a favorite.  It's not my forte, but I have to admit, I like this shot as another addition to my unintended "Sub theme" of St. Paul.

www.photosfeaturingyou.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment