Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 31...Nap Time


NAP TIME

I'm so thrilled that I've made it through month one of my project!  I know there are days when I don't feel like my shots are that great.  They're hurried or uninspired, but even then, I try hard to see something good in the less inspired shots I take.

Reflecting back on the month, I feel like I really have stretched myself at times.  I also feel like in the next 11 months, there are going to be so many more amazing opportunites and while sometimes doing a photo EVERY day can be a little more than I feel I can handle, I'm so glad I did a 365 and not a 52 project. 

Today's photo is one that caught my eye early.  I was walking through the Square between St. Peter Street and Wabasha Street.  It was yet another subzero freeze.  I was gazing at the bright blue sky and appreciating that it was at least sunny, and as I looked up, all along the ledge of the building, the pidgeons were sleeping.  If it wasn't so cold, I would have attempted a panorama so I could get the whole line of them.  There were at least 100 little puff balls all curled up and napping.  I kept wondering how they could stand the cold.  

With them all lined up and perched on the ledge of this old building with it's beautiful style, it reminded me a bit of the old Disney movie, The Hunchback of Notre Dame.  

Now that January is over, I'm hoping it will warm up a bit and give me a little more time to spend being creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment