Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 9...A Silhouette


A SILHOUETTE

I think silhouettes are always appealing.  Not 100% sure about the composition of this one, but it was the best I could get today.  This was actually taken from the window of my bus on my ride home today.

I actually ventured out to try to FIND something to take a photo of, and it was kind of a dreery day, and everything looked crappy and cold and colorless and blah.  So I figured I would just wait until later and maybe venture out for another evening of lights.  Then...there it was...right in front of me.  I was lucky enough to catch this shot out the window as the bus flew past.

I like this one because I wasn't really looking for it.  It just popped in front of my face and said, "HELLO!"  It is, of course, the beautiful St. Paul Cathedral.

I feel pretty happy to combine two of my favorite types of photos, Golden Hour and silhouettes, which I guess kind of go hand in hand often.

I did actually venture out this evening to try to get a glimpse (and possibly a photo) of the Aurora Borealis.  I drove far, far north of my home to where it was pretty dark and turned off onto a side road where there would be no city lights.  And then the fog hit.  So no luck on that tonight.  Oh, well.  I think I'm pretty satisfied with this shot.

www.photosfeaturingyou.com

No comments:

Post a Comment