Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 23...Longing for Summer




LONGING FOR SUMMER

It's not just the cold.  It's not just the snow and ice.  And it's not the lack of sunlight in Minnesota.  But to miss so many months of our favorite sport is difficult to cope with.  I know there's indoor soccer, but as any player or fan would know, it's not the same.  

I live about a quarter of a mile north of the National Sports Center and the Blaine Soccer Complex, so I drive by the empty, cold, lonely fields every day.  The way the sun is shining through the net and casting shawdows, it's like a beckoning to the field for us to come out and get the game going.  The shining sun and the drifting sparkly snow causes a feeling of peace and serenity out there.  I know it's months away, but my heart is aching for summer, and I can't wait to shoot some action on the fields instead of the empty lonely net.

No comments:

Post a Comment