Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 28...Cold Urbanscape


COLD URBANSCAPE

Icy cold.  This winter is brutal.  But for some reason, it makes the city look amazing.  As I was driving in this morning, I just loved how the steam was hanging in the frozen air.  There's just something about how that cold air sharpens everything.

I don't think St. Paul is a standout gorgeous cityscape compared to some, but it's my city and it has it's own quirky and quaint beauty to it.  It's our capital, so that makes it cool, right?  

This shot was taken through my windshield while I was stopped on the off ramp coming in to the city.  I did add a little hdr-ish enhancement to sharpen it up and give it some pop.  I think one thing I love visually about any city is the varying heights, widths, and positions of the buildings and other objects of the city as well as the springkling of colors from signs mixed with the buildings, smoke, and sky.

Now, enough with the cold.  I'd like to have more time outside without the fear of frostbite on my trigger finger!

No comments:

Post a Comment