Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 20...Portrait of a Skier


PORTRAIT OF A SKIER

I took my daughter and her friend to the ski place today.  If it wasn't for the pesky full-time job, again, I would have had a plethora of opporutnities to photograph all over the ski hills.  I would have strapped on some skiis, packed the camera, and made a day of it.  But I spent most of my day in the "bar" and just stepped outside for a couple quick snaps of what was going on.

Of course, I had my preconceived notion of the "perfect shot" I was going to get of what epitomized skiing here in Minnesota, but I didn't care for my composition of what that idea was.  So today's treat is a portrait of a skier.  This is a modified version of my great friend Val Jardin's street photography, but it's done in and around the ski lifts!  It's what we all look like when we're waiting for the chair lift to take us up the hill on a chilly afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment